Monday, November 24, 2008

Doggone

I recently introduced you to the newest member of our family, Lola. A lot has happened since then.

First of all, in an attempt to house break the dog, we began scolding her for pooping in the house. We would discipline her immediately after release, scold her, and put her outside. We thought this would teach her that she is not supposed to poop in the house. Apparently, it taught her that she should not poop, thus she began eating her poop in an attempt to hide it. This is especially discusting when you have a 2-year old that enjoys being licked by said dog.

Second, the dog absolutely refuses to go out into the yard without me. Thus, I follow the dog out into the yard about five times a day, and stand there between ten and fifteen minutes while she normally sits and stares at me, only to pee on my rug in the first fifteen seconds of returning to the house.

When I do get mad at the dog and put her outside to think about what she's done, she just digs out of the yard and explores the neighborhood and it's houses. When I put her in her kennel to think about what she's done, she cries at the top of her little lungs, nonstop.

Because the said dog does not stop crying when in her kennel, she sleeps with us. She is not capable of getting herself onto the bed. Thus, I put her in bed, she hops down and goes exploring and chewing, and comes back only to wake me to put her back on the bed. Over and over and over again.

Last Saturday night I awoke to something wet hitting me in the face. Once I actually woke up I realized I had heard her throwing up. Once that registered, I realized she was shaking her head and it was actually vomit hitting me in the face. Can this story get any nastier??? Once I vomited myself, I turned on the light only to discover the dog was actually vomiting poop. Six hours later, the dog was on her way to her new home.

Her new owner has been kind enough to keep me updated on her progress through pictures. I'd say she's liking her new home:

No comments: