Thursday, September 11, 2008

Worker for Hire

So, yesterday my wonderful husband sent me three red roses for our 3rd anniversary. Then he took off work early and went home and cleaned the kitchen and did a load of laundry and made the bed. Then he took me to Edmond to eat at my favorite restaurant, P.F. Cheng (yummo). He's a doll, isn't he? Then we went home and watched "Baby Mama" with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, two of my favorites. It's a generally entertaining moving, with several parts that made me laugh out loud, which is fairly unusual for any movie. All around good night.

Today...not so much. I'm not feeling very tolerant today, and tolerance is crucial for surviving a day in this office. It wasn't even 9:00 this morning when I felt like cramming my ballpoint pen into my eyeball. I became angry when the two of them stopped talking only long enough to make sure I was going to answer the phone, even though I was away from my desk filing papers. Hey, I know QVC's Daily Special is very important conversation. Who am I to expect our customers to come first?

I'm searching desperately for a new job. I would love for next Friday (payday) to be my last day. When I overheard--and by that I mean didn't plug my ears--Linda saying to Tanya, "She's setting over there with an attitude. Does she think I'm going to put up with that? Huh-who does she think she is?" I pretty much decided then that these crazy bitches couldn't pay me enough money to work for them. I need a job. ASAP.

No comments: